Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm in Haiti...

Here we are in Haiti... it's been incredible so far. We arrived on Friday and got Jalon Saturday morning. He was quick to love on Jon and I but was hesitant with the kids. Although he is used to having other kids around... he was taken back by my 2 blond hair, blue eyed, aggressive babies :) Within a few hours they were playing and as of today they are already acting like siblings. Jalon doesn't speak any Engish and my Creole is limited to a few words and phrases but we all communicate well. I am convinced the language of love is a powerful language!!! Jalon has learned a few english words... his first word was NO... why is that EVERY child's first word????

We recived quite a shock today... although we were first told that Jalon was only 5 years old... we are now being told he might be closer to 7 or 8. There is no way to know for sure how old he is, he doesn't have a birth certificate. But we are in the process of ordering one. He is very small, we bought him all size 5 clothes and they are even a bit too big. I have been feeding him like crazy, giving him boost suppliments twice a day and loads of vitamins. I am praying that when we leave, the Pastor at his orphanage will keep up with this regiment.

We are meeting with a lawyer tonight, I'm not sure what to expect. I am just going to go in believing God is in Control and with Him ALL things are possbible!

Right now Jalon is looking over my sholder at the laptop. I'm sure he has no idea what it is or what I'm doing... He is so curious about evrything! He is such a smart boy!

I wish I could post some pictures but I have no way of doing it from here so yall will have to wait til we're home in Texas.

I have a couple concerns I would ask for yall to pray for...

#1. We have 2 hurricanes headed right to Haiti. The 1st arriving on Wed. and the 2nd and more powerful one arriving on Thur. They are expecting 110 mph winds. We are planning on flying home on Friday but could be evacuated before then or we could be stuck here longer. Please pray for us... and Pray for Jalon. I don't know what I'll do if we are evacuated and I have to leave Jalon behind to stay in the storm. It will break my heart!

#2. I ask for yall to pray for our health. I know I have felt run down since I have arrived here and although the children are fine, they are being exposed to elements that cold get them sick. Please pray for God's covering and protection to be on us.

#3. I am a litle discourged with the whole adoption process... Please pray for God to move mounatins and give us supernatural favor!

I love you all and am so thankful for your support and prayers! You guys are amazing and I am so thankful for you!!!

xoxox Jen

1 comment:

mak'n Changes said...

Jen, I'm so proud of you guys! I got a little weepy reading your post. I'll be praying that you can bring that little man home soon. Be safe and may the favor of God, the blood of Jesus, and the annointing of the Holy Spirit cover you and your family.
Cindie